In order to integrate leads into a CRM system, we will first need to look into the CRM’s API or the CRM’s requirements document.
In another words, we need to understand how the CRM is expecting to receive the information (or leads) that you are planning to send.
In most cases, your CRM system will expect a set of parameters names and their values types (Number, String, Date).
Some parameters can be optional, some can be required, and some can be required even if they holds an empty.
Before we jump into setting the integration in Hover Lead, please make sure that:
- We have the list of expected parameters and their value types
- We have a URL address and a method (POST, GET, Web Service)
- We have an active leads panel in Hover Lead with the fields that we want to integrate
- We know what the CRM response is after a successful report
- We made sure that the CRM system is allowing requests from unknown IP addresses or that we have whitelisted Hover Lead’s static IP address (18.104.22.168)
Now, we can configure how to report our leads following the CRM system requirements.
To create a CRM report, follow these steps:
- Navigate to the “Form Settings” page “CRM” section.
- Click “Add New Integration”
- Click on the desired integration type
- Click on “General” tab, then:
- Toggle the buttons as desired:
- Enable – activate or deactivate this integration.
- Real-Time – Set the integration to fire the lead immediately when received to Hover Lead and wait for the CRM response to inform the client, or turn it off to integrate regardless of the CRM’s response time (can be up to 10 minutes after the lead has been received to Hover Lead).
- Static IP – enable when you need to send the lead from a specific IP address
Note – When real-time is enabled, forms submission may take longer and delay the Thank you message or Thank you page for the user (depending on the CRM response time)
- Optionally, use “Filter Sources” to integrate only the leads of users that came from a specified source (ref) or to integrate all leads and exclude leads of users that came from a specified source.
Note – If you do not know what the “ref” parameter is, or do not understand what is “Lead Sources” than we recommend that you first read Lead Sources article.
Select “By Ref” or “Exclude Ref” and then, type the source values and separate them by space or commas. For every lead integration, Hover Lead will try to match the lead source based on ref parameter and then include or exclude the lead from integrating to the CRM.
Note – In order for this feature to work, make sure that your leads have the “ref” parameter that holds the source name values.
- Fill up the required fields, based on the integration type:
- Toggle the buttons as desired:
- Click on the “Fields” to set up the fields that you want to send, and repeat these steps for each field:
- Click the “Add Field” button
- Under “Expected CRM fields names” column – enter the name of the parameter as described in the CRM requirements
- Under “Expected CRM fields values” column – enter a constant value, or select a value holder by clicking on then“Source” menu, for more information on how to use the “Source” menu, please see Selecting integration values using the “Source” menu
- Optionally, add a function to manipulate the value right before it has been sent to the CRM, for more information see Using functions to manipulate integration values
- Click on “Response” tab to set up the expected CRM response
- Select your desired “Response Type”, optional response types are:
- Nothing – When you do not want to expect any response from the CRM
- General Success – Expect any response as long as it is not an error
- Custom Text – Expect a string that matches or contains a value
- Custom Object – Expect an object holding a specific key or a value
- PHP Function – Create a PHP conditional function that provides True or False results
Note – When Hover Lead integrates leads it indicates on success or failure of the integration based on the expected response type, if the returned answer from the CRM is different from the expected response, Hover Lead will consider it a failure
- Click “Save” to save the integration
Note – With Hover Lead you can set multiple integrations from different types to the same form.